Members in Indigo Dyeing Workshop with Joy-Lily
SF Museum of Modern Art Trip
Haute Couture Société was formed in 1968 by a group of 12 Stockton College students who were inspired by their teacher, LaVina Scott. It has evolved into a nonprofit organization which welcomes all. Annually, Haute Couture Société funds scholarships for students specializing in apparel design and fashion merchandising.
Scholarships in apparel design and fashion merchandising are awarded.
Hospital gowns are sewn and donated to Hospice of San Joaquin.
Fabric, notions and sewing machines have been donated to local high schools, other philanthropic entities, and deserving students.
Expectations of Membership:
* Assist or participate in the production of the annual Fashion Show
* Support the scholarship fund raising
* Attend and participate when possible, serve on committees, or take
* Members are encouraged to create and wear their nametag to
To visit as a guest contact Irene at
Annual Membership Dues are $45
Students and Juniors under 18 are $10
Haute Couture Societe offers its members:
* Monthly meetings with creative speakers and presentations
* Workshops by artists on various techniques and skills.
* Field trips to special events and unique shops.
* Extensive library for member checkout.
* Discounts with local shops using the membership card
* Special fabric and notion sales at some meetings.