Haute Couture was formed in 1968 by a group of 12 Stockton College students who were inspired by their teacher, LaVina Scott. It has evolved into a nonprofit organization which welcomes all. An annual fashion show is produced with garments designed by members and invited guest designers. Show proceeds fund scholarships in apparel design and fashion merchandising.
$45 year (Sept-Aug)
$10 Students and Juniors under 18
Interested in more details?
Irene 366-1777 email@example.com
Over $80,000 has been awarded for scholarships in apparel design and fashion merchandising.
Approximately 200 hospital gowns are sewn each year for individuals under the care of Hospice of San Joaquin.
Chemo turbans are sewn for the American Cancer Society.
Fabric, notions and sewing machines have been donated to local high schools, other philanthropic entities, and deserving students.
Expectations of Membership:
* Assist or participate in the production of the annual Fashion Show
* Support the fashion show by the purchase of at least one show ticket
** This is the sole fundraiser!
* Attend and participate when possible, serve on committees, or take
* Members are encouraged to create and wear their nametag to
Have you heard of the Haute Couture Société? Haute Couture (HC) is a sewing guild based in Stockton, California.
Sewing challenge to create a raincoat from a shower curtain by a member
Members in Indigo Dyeing Workshop with Joy-Lily
To visit as a guest contact below:
Unique Haute Couture Societe offers its members:
* Monthly meetings with creative speakers and presentations
* Workshops by artists on various techniques and skills.
* Field trips to special events and unique shops.
* Extensive library for member checkout.
* Discounts with local shops using the membership card
* Special fabric and notion sales at some meetings.
SF Museum of Modern Art Trip